[Wine] Mobile Master installs, but does not run

quikquak wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 19 05:33:05 CDT 2010

Hello,
I'm trying to install and use Mobile Master, a program to synchronize a mobile phone with the computer.
A free trial is available: http://www.mobile-master.com/download/down.html
A very old entry in appdb was at least able to install: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4500

System is OpenSuse 11.2 with wine 1.1.28.

My first attempt to install yielded:

"Make sure the file scrrun.dll is in your Windows System 32 directory and registered!"

So I started from scratch: deleted .wine-folder, ran winecfg.
Then I copied the dll from my WinXP and registered it with "wine regsvr32 scrrun.dll" (from folder system32).

Now the installation ran without error.

But on first start of the program, I got the message (free translation from german):

"Problem with the format of the short date. It is dd.MM.yyyy but seems to contain spaces. Fix/Ignore/Quit?"

When I click on "Fix", the program tries to run intl.cpl but fails.
When I try to run it manually (wine control intl.cpl), the screen is flickering for a short moment (as it always does for me when wine runs), but nothing more happens.

So I had a look with regedit.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International]
contains the key "sShortDate"="dd.MM.yyyy"
It's fine without spaces, so no clue to where the problem is.

When I click on Ignore, nothing happens, but the process table says, mobilemaster.exe (and so wine) is still running.

Has anyone an idea, what I should try next?
Thanks alot!