[Wine] Re: How can I install Wine on a computer without internet access

desconocido wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 19 13:48:39 CDT 2010

desconocido wrote:
> I downloaded the binary file from
> http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/ubuntu/jaunty/wine_1.1.38~winehq0~ubuntu~9.04-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
>
> as recommended at http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html
>
> I put it on my non-internet computer and double-clicked it.
>
> It opened with GDebi 0.5.9
>
> I tried to install and got the error message
> "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libaudio2"

I tried reading the man page for apt. Nothing there, so I tried the man page for apt-get. That looks better. So tried using the  apt-get --download-only option:

Code:
~$ sudo apt-get --download-only install libaudio2
[sudo] password for bob:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libaudio2 is already the newest version.
libaudio2 set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 99 not upgraded.

Er, did anything happen? Searching for files beginning with libaudio2 only finds old stuff in /var/lib/dpkg/info or /usr/share/doc.

Thanks.