[Wine] Dungeon Keeper 2 graphics crash? (probably a quick fix)

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Tue May 25 10:25:05 CDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 16:26, alex-evans42 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I'd only installed software using apt-get until now, so installing 1.2-rc1 from source code is proving to be a bit more of a barrier than it probably should.
>
> When I run $ make (after $ ./config and $ make depend), the last 5 lines it spits out are:
>

> Code:
> winebuild: comctl_Bg.res is an empty file
> winegcc: ../../tools/winebuild/winebuild failed
> make[1]: *** [comctl32.dll.so] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/Documents/wine-1.2-rc1/dlls/comctl32'
> make: *** [dlls/comctl32] Error 2
>
> what's going on there? (eager to get Wine working properly alongside my pressing concern to be a dungeon keeper)

It's easier to get the prepackaged binary version.
You can get the latest version using wine PPA (see
http://www.winehq.org/download/deb), and installing "wine1.2" package
(you might have to uninstall the "wine" package beforehand).
If you already use the PPA, don't forget to do a "Reload" in Synaptic
to get the newest packages (or "sudo apt-get update" in a terminal).

Frédéric