[Wine] Re: frame/graphics lag in microsoft Freelancer

Basinator wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 26 15:20:54 CDT 2010

> If you don't have something new to add, don't post. If you bump this thread again without new information, I will close it.

W/o any offense, but what is the alternative then? We both know that a thread dies without a bump. Or should I re-open the thread then, maybe pointing to the old one as additional information?

Regarding OpenGL: Well, I am at least able to play Warcraft III in openGL mode.

> If that bug isn't your problem, what exactly is? The last problem you mentioned was being unable to get past the splash screen.

Well, I can load the menu which comes right after the splash screen, but it is extremly laggy. But openGL was one of my assumptions as well since Warcraft III was laggy as well when I executed it in Directx mode.

(Some time passed before this text above and this one following now).

Ok, it seems that my graphics drivers are installed propertly. I can run glxgears (I get a error message, though, but the gears are rotating), and  I checked via another command my hardware acceleration / direct rendering. Haven't tested the game till yet, though.

OK, but now I have to find my CD...>_>

I will respond once I got news.