[Wine] Borderlands

Samarium wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 27 07:46:17 CDT 2010

Hey all I'm new to the forums so please take it easy on me.

I've followed the steps provided for installing Borderlands. Installed Wine 1.1.42 I believe is the version. I'm running Ubuntu Lucid. I installed the d3dx9 the vmc2005 and 2008 threw winetricks. activated the game threw the website with the licenses and stuff. started the installer. Killed the vmc2008 redist package with htop. killed the dxsetup.exe in htop. borderlands started installing everything was good. At the end of the install I get a fatal error and it stops. I'm assuming the install is complete because i can open the launcher and select play borderlands from the menu. When I do that though it seems to try to launch but closes out with no error or anything. If I know how to run the debugger for wine I would post that here to see where its hanging up on. anyone know how to run the debugger for an app.?