[Wine] Re: Vectorworks 2010 almost working

consta wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 29 10:37:38 CDT 2010

L. Rahyen, thanks for your tips. I have now made some more testings based on them.

First I noticed the motherboard an Intel® Desktop Board DG35EC is equipped with an Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3500 on board graphics subsystem. So I took out the ATI 4550HD card and started up PCLOS with the Intel on board card. Now VW starts up and looks ok and the drawing area is white as it should be (mot noisy or black), but when drawing something like a line it only shows while being drawn and then when finishing it disappears. I can mark it, but I can't see the line only the handles for resizing etc. I also tried to change colors but nothing helps. I also opened a saved drawingfile which opens fine but the drawing area shows nothing unless I hower over objects with the mouse and mark them. I can use all kind of tools and rendering settings, the program will not crash but I can't see anything.

The second test is with a NVidia 7900GS card I found in another computer. I strated up with it and I've got the same result as described above.

So yes there are problems with the ATI cards, both were not working good at all. The NVidia card seems to work, but there is something not working properly with the drawing area.