[Wine] Moving wine's C: drive to another file system

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon May 31 16:51:06 CDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 23:28, John Drescher  wrote:
> It did the correct thing. The browse C: drive shortcut did the wrong thing.
>
> Try to run the application from the new prefix in the terminal,

Another note: Menu shortcuts created for things installed in the new
WINEPREFIX should be correct. The ones installed with Wine usually
assume the default WINEPREFIX (As far as I know, they are create by
the packages for Wine, not Wine itself...)

(An understanding of how environment variables moves around under an
Unix-like system might also be useful, if the user really want to
understand why the shortcuts are unaware of the change...)

Gert