[Wine] Debugging and userfriendliness

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon May 31 16:57:43 CDT 2010

I had a draft typed out (since discarded...) with some other
suggestions.... (Typing what I remember below)

Suggestion on how to use the Debug channels would be useful (even for
non-Wine uses), as well as a short description of which each one
does...

Something like a section:" Using Wine debugging for
reverse-engineering (network) protocols", "Debug options useful for
installers", "Debugging graphics issues", etc... (About protocol
reverse engineering: Wine potentially allows the use user to see
within SSL tunnels, etc, which makes it more useful than Wireshark...)

Gert