[Wine] Wine crashes in Lubuntu 10.10

peyre wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 1 11:33:09 CDT 2010

On my laptop I've just installed Lubuntu 10.10.  (I was running 10.04 and was about to upgrade in place, but I got my hands on a bigger hard drive, so instead I just did a fresh install on the new drive.)  Everything works great in 10.10, except Wine.

When I try to open something in Wine--even the configuration window or the add/remove programs window--it starts to come up, then crashes my desktop.  That is, the whole screen goes blank and I'm being challenged to log in to the system.  In Windows I would have said the program suddenly logged me out.

If I wipe the drive and install 10.04, Wine works great.  But in 10.10, it just fails to run and crashes me out--whether I'm running the stable or beta version of Wine.