[Wine] Re: A new approach to test Wine/CrossOver

Anton Lapshin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 2 13:40:34 CDT 2010

All
Thanks for giving a chance to this approach :)

Das Letzte Einhorn
I have sent you a letter with a possible solution. Please, let me know if it works fine for creating 32-bits executable using 64-bits version of GPA. If it works well I'll create one more page at my blog and fill it with possible issues/resolutions to avoid such situations. If it does not work for you I will try to resolve it another way.

Wine devs/QA
Is there a simple way to extract content of the frame buffer in wine? I am asking just because one friend of mine really wants to prepare a script for regression testing.

Approx. workflow of the script:
1. Reference image of the frame needed and it can be saved on Windows or using Wine version that plays this frame without rendering errors
2. Then it plays using version that is under testing and compares reference image and the resulted one. If they have a huge difference that may be treated as a regression.

thoughts?