[Wine] Trouble with openGL on x64 system

chobo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 3 09:27:37 CDT 2010

I have Kubuntu 10.04 x64 and GF8800gt with nvidia proprietary driver. And I have'nt problems with opengl in my system:

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 8800 GT/PCI/SSE2 OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 256.53 OpenGL shading language version string: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

xxx at xxx:/usr$ glxinfo | grep rendering direct rendering: Yes

...but when I try to start any game on wine I see the followin:

err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.

I have installed ia32-libs. And I compiled Wine from source code following instructions (http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head-f6a7d1b561fe7ce26bb3a061d96d16380d90d618) but ineffectual...