[Wine] Starcraft 2 Issues =(

zokker13 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 3 14:50:18 CDT 2010

Hey dear Wine community,

I want to play Starcraft 2 (Retail) on my Ubuntu distro, so I downloaded wine 1.3 and followed a How To to install wine tricks.

After I downloaded this stuff, I had to disable mmdevapi and Enable Elsa under the Audio tab.

Then I installed Starcraft 2, it was very fast installed and I began to update.
Update done, so I started the game.

But there was an graphical error, in the middle of the window, there was something like a big pixel failure. But it seemed that there was something wrong with the resolution (which I can't change with those errors), on the left side everything was fine.
Mysterious.. =/

[Image: http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7247/fail1o.jpg ]
[Image: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2001/fail2ts.jpg ]

So I asked a classmate who really knows how to solve problems and he told me that I have to update my graphic driver and start Starcraft 2 in opengl mode - nothing helped.

The opengl Screen:
[Image: http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7067/fail3opengl.jpg ]

Currently I am very helpless, I don't know what I do wrong, I hope someone can help me!

System:
OS: Ubuntu 10.04 64bit
Mainboard: ESC Elitegroup A780GM- A
Graphic: ATI HD 4850