[Wine] Fedora 14 & wine: slow startup & missing fonts

fedora_wine_user wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 7 18:06:24 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm a new user to wine. I running an Intel Core Duo with 6GB ram.

I installed fedora 14 and am trying to install QuickBooks Pro 2011.

The first issue is that it will take ~1 minute or more to start one of the Wine Windows applications (Wine Wordpad, Wine File, Notepad, etc..). After they start the performance is fine and all fonts are ok.

When installing Quickbooks, the install dialog fonts are all messed up so I can't get it installed properly.

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Thanks in advance fro you assistance,
fedora_win_user