[Wine] A little help with Wine installation

Redpendragon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 7 22:34:56 CST 2010

Okay so I'm a newbie to Ubuntu and I just got a new system with Ubuntu on it. Now my mother's computer runs Ubuntu as well, and I used hers to get some experience with Ubuntu seeing as how my system has no Internet access and I can't get help on it and yadda yadda I'll get to the point. I installed Wine on this system (my mother's) and now am trying to get it on mine. I downloaded this right here from the WineHQ site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Source/wine-1.2.1.tar.bz2/download

and I put it on a flash drive. I took that to my system and put the whole tar package (or whatever, like I said- newbie) onto the computer and extracted it and... nothing now. I can't figure out how to install it from there. I've tried a few things, I read the readme and tried following the instructions... still nothing. I'm obviously doing something wrong due to inexperience and I need some help.

Please?