[Wine] AppdB and Bugzilla suggestion

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 8 15:15:22 CST 2010

landeel <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Video acceleration is an essential aspect of personal computers now, and it's becoming more important every day. Not only
>for games, but also for most modern OS interfaces, video decoding and all kinds of applications are depending on it now.
>
>So, I think both AppDB and Bugzilla should have 2 aditional dropboxes when reporting test data and bugs : one for the
>video card manufacturer (Nividia, AMD/ATI, Intel, VIA, other) and other for the video drivers in use (Nvidia proprietary
>drivers / AMD Catalyst  / Mesa / Gallium3d / Noveau / other / don't know / etc).

Don't like this because some problems (actually most of them) do not affect a specific video card/driver combination.  Most problems are platform agnostic.

>Knowing how an application will behave on Wine with given video card and drivers is an essential information for Wine
>users now.

In the Applications Database, this would be good to have for test results.  Not so much for Bugzilla as we should not be filing bug reports against video drivers and video cards.

James McKenzie