[Wine] Civilization V

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 07:25:13 CST 2010

> Hello, can someone please help me to configure wine i am totally noob is my first time using wine, and i don't know what to do to install civ v. :/

I would then start with reading the wine faq. Pay serious attention to:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-a37de3282d447376d2220d20a278ae52258551a4
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-3b297df7a5411abe2b8d37fead01a2b8edc21619
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f3515230c198befe0279d32c448d9c8da63be66f

These will explain a little how to use a terminal to install your
application. This is the recommended method if clicking on the icon
does not work.. If you are new to wine you may be new to linux or you
may have never understood how to use linux outside of the GUI.

Here is an explanation of what a terminal is.

http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/terminal

Then after you get to this point familiarize yourself with winetricks.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-987c38148f3068191d3cc922d5cf6310c547c5aa

After you have finished this ask for help if you can not figure things out..

John