[Wine] Re: Does this software run under Wine 1.0?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 9 08:03:02 CST 2010

PeterS wrote:
> But now I got a request if my software will also run under Wine 1.0 (wine-1.0-3.1.i586, Suse 11 or 10).
> As far as I know it is not possible to install the old Wine 1.0 under Ubuntu 10.04. If there is a way, please let me know :)

Why don't you just tell the person who made the request to test it themselves? If they're asking I would assume it's because that's the version they have.  If you really want to test it for them, just build Wine 1.0 and run it from the build directory; it doesn't need to be installed.

1.0 is over two years old; many things have changed since then. The only way to know if your app will run in the old version is to test it in that version.