[Wine] alt+f4 problem and/or virtual desktop question - MSoffice

LifeEnemy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 10 19:17:24 CST 2010

I recently installed microsoft office on my ubuntu laptop 10.04 via WINE. It seems to be working pretty well after a reinstall, but I'm still having trouble closing the windows. I can't close any MS office program with alt+f4, or any other method (right click menu, middle click on cairo-dock icons, Compiz scale addon, etc) except using the X button within the app or going through the menus. It's very frustrating when I don't have a mouse plugged into my laptop. I can't find any other mention of this problem around the net.

I did find help on the ubuntu forums and at least figured out that activating virtual desktop lets me use alt+f4, but I don't like how it keeps all the WINE apps open in a single window. Is there any way to open a desktop for each document I open? Or something with the same effect.

Basically, I'd like to figure out some way to solve one of my two issues.

Thanks in advance!