[Wine] Re: Can only print to the default printer

Fitzcarraldo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 11 16:11:44 CST 2010

I deleted ~/.cups/lpoptions and now WINE 1.3.6 does detect changes to the CUPS default printer. (I wonder what created the ~/.cups/lpoptions file?)

With WINE 1.3.6, Office 2007 applications can now print to any CUPS printer I select via the Office 2007 application's Print window, and, once I deleted ~/.cups/lpoptions, WINE 1.3.6 now also detects changes to the CUPS default printer again.

As far as I know, the only problem I still have is with Visio 5 Professional (released in 1998 or 1999 if I recall correctly). It will still only print to the default CUPS printer (the same problem reported in my first post). Still, that is better than WINE not changing the default printer in win.ini, which was the behaviour that started after I installed WINE 1.3.6 and before I deleted the ~/.cups/lpoptions file. [Rolling Eyes]