[Wine] Strange comment on wine output running SimCity 4

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 12 21:21:10 CST 2010

This line, obviously emitted during program start up, has me puzzled, but then a lot of things confound me.
[code]
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 16
[/code]

Now I realize this is not very important and that the correction for it has been put off for a reason, but since the game is set to run in 32 BPP, why is there even a thought of changing to 16 BPP?

Side Comment: Under control of the virtual desk top this game runs just fine on my machine, except for an unusual number of CTDs, so I save a lot.  Apparently saving resets the problem, so I am sure something in the game is getting wonky and a save fixes it.