[Wine] Re: Wine for next computing era

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 13 11:51:25 CST 2010

fernandocarvalho wrote:
> Why not we bring wine to devices such as Androids and iPhones.
> If we can make some Windows applications run on top of theses new architectures and systems

That's not how Wine works. Wine does not emulate CPU. This design decision was  made clear on multiple occasions.

For sure you won't ever get i* whatever version of Wine, since apple explicitly prohibits this type of applications.

Besides, usefulness of windows desktop programs on smart phones / pads is highly questionable. And if you are looking for such setup you got the wrong device for the job or not trying to find a replacement for 10 years old application.