[Wine] Re: That I have no C directory... is a problem?

wildgeese wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 13 13:11:06 CST 2010

In my User folder there is indeed a .wine folder with a drive_c folder and a link to it in dosdevices named c/ .  the z link is there as well.  so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

And I did locate the install exe before trying to run it with wine.  It wasn't that the exe wasn't there, if I understand correctly it was that the C drive couldn't be located....

Here's what I typed (with my name edited):

Last login: Sat Nov 13 14:07:20 on ttys000
wildgeeses-computer:~ wildgeese$ cd Desktop
wildgeeses-computer:Desktop wildgeese$ ls -F
Cm_Setup_1.98.exe	School!			november
Donuts/			docs			promises....
Icon?			home?			sort
News			money
wildgeese-computer:Desktop wildgeese$

I think this is correct, no?

Am I missing something?  It looks like a problem with Wine, not the exe or its location....