[Wine] winedbg (w. gdb) and Eclipse (3.6)

johnrl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 13 18:37:05 CST 2010

I'm quite new to wine development but I have used winedbg and gdb a couple of times (in console).
Now Im trying to setup wine as an Eclipse project and so far everything works except debugging.
I am using Eclipse 3.6 on ubuntu and have set up a debug configuration where I changed the following (rest is default):
- C app: loader/wine
- gdb debugger: winedbg --gdb

When I try launching the debug Eclipse builds the project but then it halts at "initializing debugger services". It just sits there as long as I let it while nothing is happening. What am I doing wrong?
I also tried using only gdb as debugger. This will run successfully and break somewhere in main.c (due to the "stop on startup at main" setting i guess), however, the debug view is not updated at all if I single step - it's like gdb is progressing but Eclipse isn't connected correctly. Also any breakpoints I set in this mode will not break and displays an error "breakpoint attribute problem: installation failed"

I hope someone can help me.

Regards,
john