[Wine] Multisim not installing

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Nov 14 21:48:42 CST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 23:26, Martin Gregorie <martin at gregorie.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 14:36 -0600, F_style wrote:
>> How can I solve this problem? In the appdb it's said I have to
>> copy/import some registries, but I'm total noob in Regedit. Also I
>> don't get what does this means: "replace the update executable with a
>> dummy one [just `int main(){return 0;}]. ".
>>
> Its a minimal do-nothing C program. To make the dummy, do this but
> replace DUMMY with the name of the update program it replaces:

Symlinking it to /bin/true might also work? (or at least might be worth a try)

cd ~/wine/drive_c/whereever
mv updater_name.exe updater_name.exe.bak
ln -s /bin/true updater_name.exe

Other note: Multisim use FlexLM

It MIGHT work to try and find a Linux FlemLM and pointing it there /
pointing FlemLM to a license server running on a Windows PC?