[Wine] Almost Sucessful!

Dawson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 16 13:59:49 CST 2010

I'm quite new to *nix let alone WINE and I was quite proud when I managed to get a game I like to play working; GunZ The DUEL.

ran into a few issues with XML and found out that MSXML(Or something liek that) needed to be installed from winetricks awesome the game works now.

EXCEPT; any text in the game that's not per-rendered images is just 100% Garbage pixels, and the thing is WINE should have the fonts as I've install corefonts and it's just Arial.

Just curious if this is a common problem with games on WINE and if there is a solution that is common some info on the setup

Ubuntu 10.04
WINE1.3
NVida 9800GT(With proper drivers)
If any log files are needed or whatever if anyone is up to helping troubleshoot just let me know and I can pastebin them