[Wine] Multiple WoW/Wine issues, lack of internet and opengl

ArchCub wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 17 20:08:44 CST 2010

Hello everyone, I'm hoping I can get this fixed.  First off, here's my setup:

I'm running Arch Linux
wine-1.3.7
# lspci | grep VGA :

Code:
05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G98 [GeForce 8400 GS] (rev a1)

# lsmod | grep nv

Code:
nvidia              10025938  52
i2c_core               18070  3 videodev,nvidia,i2c_i801

nvidia drivers version: 260.19.12
I have winetricks installed and have installed the d3dx9 module.

First time around, I tried running the launcher (I hadn't discovered the -opengl switch at this point, but when I tried it later, it didn't change anything).  This was my console output:

Code:
$ wine ./Launcher.exe
fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation (0x33e3f8,0x33e9f8): stub
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (15000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT 15000
fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation (0xeec034,0xeec634): stub
fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation (0xeec034,0xeec634): stub
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (15000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT 15000
fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation (0xfee3b4,0xfee9b4): stub
fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation (0xfee3b4,0xfee9b4): stub
fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation (0xfee3b4,0xfee9b4): stub
fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation (0xfee3b4,0xfee9b4): stub

A window then pops up from WoW saying that it was unable to retrieve patch information and that I need to check my internet connection.  At this point I thought it may have been a problem with wine, so I downloaded Firefox for Windows just to check.  That worked just fine, so I know it's a WoW specific problem.  That's problem number one.

I ran into the second problem when I decided to try simply running Wow.exe and see what happened.  This is the console output:

Code:
$ wine ./Wow.exe -opengl
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"OPENGL32.dll": libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
err:module:import_dll Loading library OPENGL32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\World of Warcraft\\Wow.exe") failed (error c000007a).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\World of Warcraft\\Wow.exe" failed, status c0000135

I get this whether I run with or without -opengl.  I have SET gxApi "opengl" in my config.wtf file.

I have been looking around online for the solutions to these prolblems, but I haven't been able to come up with anything yet. Any help is greatly appreciate! Thank you for your time.

David