[Wine] Re: How to specify a working directory for an app

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 19 04:42:56 CST 2010

3tips I will be simple.   FAQ coves a lot of these issues.

1 wine don't really like being passed Unix/Linux paths.

2 Windows paths like \\ not \

3 Windows paths like a drive letter.

4 Unique prefixs only help you if the programs are installed in the prefix.

>  cd "home/username/Desktop/gamefolder/"; WINEPREFIX="/home/username/.wine2" wine "game.exe"

This will most likely work.

WINEPREFIX="/home/username/.wine2" wine start "Z:\\home\\username\\Desktop\\gamefolder\\game.exe"

Also most likely will work.  But mulex by games exist for very good reasons.  Sharing the same gamefolder between multiable wineprefixs can lead to data destruction and game death at times.