[Wine] yum -enablerepo=rpmforge install wine error

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Nov 20 17:17:23 CST 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 16:53 -0600, CourseLanguage wrote:
> Im trying to install wine on cent OS 5 and when I type
> yum -enablerepo=rpmforge install wine
> it says
> Command line error: option -e: invalid integer value: 'nablerepo=rpmforge'
>
> Any Ideas?

Use double hyphen:  yum --enablerepo=rpmforge install wine

FYI the convention is that single letter options take a single hyphen
( -d ) but that longer option names have a double hyphen ( --debug ).

Some programs break this convention, e.g. find, java and javac , so get
in the habit of reading the manpage or trying the help option, which
will be one of -?, -h, --help or -help, before yelling.

Martin