[Wine] Wow - Downloader Connection timeout

dingodave wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 22 12:45:33 CST 2010

I've been trying to get WoW working onmy Fedora 14 installation, but I seem to be having problems getting the internet connection to work.

I start the game with

wine Launcher.exe -opengl

in the ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/World of Warcraft directory.

I can access the internet from using

wine iexplore http://www.google.com

 so I know the wine network connection works.

I'm running

[dingodave at Dingo World of Warcraft]$ wine --version
Linux Dingo.HOME #1 SMP Fri Oct 22 15:27:53 UTC 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 04)

Has anyone run across this before? Seems likely... Any help would be appreciated