[Wine] Problems with Wine importing DLLs

Helios38 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 23 16:41:20 CST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an MMO called "Eudemons Online" in Wine since it's been awhile since I've tried and Wine has made great strides.

Installs fine, updates fine, awesome! Better than before!

My problem comes when I try to launch the game, play.exe (the launcher) executes soul.exe (the actual game client) and soul.exe throws this error:

Code:
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\anthony\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\Eudemons Online\\Chat.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library Chat.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\anthony\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\Eudemons Online\\soul.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\anthony\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\Eudemons Online\\soul.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\anthony\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\Eudemons Online\\soul.exe" failed, status c0000135

After some googling, I learned it might help if I get those DLL files in the wine system32 dir and register them in winecfg. So I go ahead and copy MFC42.DLL and chat.dll into the system32 dir (which were originally found in the game folder) and told winecfg to override them.

Same error. Help!