[Wine] Re: Swiss Manager

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 25 18:55:21 CST 2010

BlindTiger wrote:
> First of all, thank you for time and patience. I seem to have the latest release of wine because i dont get any updates to do.
>
> Now for the message in the console... here it is:
>
> gabriel at gabriel-A6Ne:~$ cd SwissManagerUniCode
> gabriel at gabriel-A6Ne:~/SwissManagerUniCode$ wine SwissManager.exe
> fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hUnknown1 0x100b4 bUnknown2 0: stub!
> fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hUnknown1 0x100b4 bUnknown2 -1: stub!
> fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hUnknown1 0x100b4 bUnknown2 0: stub!
> fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hUnknown1 0x100b4 bUnknown2 -1: stub!
> fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
>
> This is greek to me but i'll try to google it and wait for some news from this thread also. I'd really like to see this fixed because i hate windows but i need this program and can't seem to find a suitable open source replacement.
>
> Thanks again.

Hi BlindTiger

Can you tell me if this command works in a BASH shell (it appears to be more stable on my rig - but I don't know how to use the Swiss Manager software):

Code:
wine explorer /desktop=Swiss_Manager,930x680 "C:\Program Files\SwissManagerUniCode\SwissManager.exe"

It relies on running the Swiss Manager in a Wine Virtual Desktop which is exactly the native size of the main Swiss Manager window when it launches (on my system anyway). This should ensure that the main window is centered in the virtual desktop and all buttons are accessible.
Running the application like this should get around the child window issues we were encountering (when the application locks up).

Post me some console output if it still craps out on your system!!  :D

Bob