[Wine] Wine cannot start any application

Gelion wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 26 14:41:28 CST 2010

After a successful using a wine in my comp for a couple days,
now, suddenly without any big change in system, I cannot start
any exe, even core application as winecfg.

Code:
>winecfg
err:module:attach_process_dlls "gdi32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winecfg.exe" failed, status c0000005

Each application return same faint information and hang up.

I have tried any known tricks:
delete ~/.wine directory
upgrade/downgrade onto different version
check noexec in fstab
disable seLinux

Nothing help.

I have a suspicion on some unexpected security trick
from my system, but I cannot find it out. Its seems
that wine has accidentally disabled read any files
form my system. Why? I don't know.

System: OpenSuse 11.3 (x86_64)

Code:
>uname -a
Linux linux-3j85 2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2010-10-25 08:40:12 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Does anybody have any idea what about it

Jakub C. Gelion