[Wine] Run Multiple instances of a game through wine

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Nov 27 06:48:33 CST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 23:08 -0600, DanKegel wrote:
> That's called multiseat linux, and it hard to do at the moment.
> See e.g.
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQxMg

Or you can use a thin client. Wyse sells them, so do Linutop
http://www.linutop.com/ , Pluggable http://plugable.com/ , Nohrtech
http://www.norhtec.com/ and Thinlinx http://www.thinlinx.com/

You connect them to your Linux system via Ethernet cable, add screen,
keyboard and mouse and use it to login. Its not a lot different to using
a laptop or a netbook as a terminal but may be cheaper depending on what
you pay for the screen, etc.

Disclamer: I haven't used one yet. I was planning to do so, but ended up
going the laptop route instead.

Martin