[Wine] Re: Wine and RyanVM-integrator

joew wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 30 17:25:16 CST 2010

But.. There's a problem:
On my local drive I've not enough space to put the destination directory in..
Because I'm working under slax installed on an usb key and its filesystem it's about 2GB, with not enough free space to host both source (i386 win cd directory) and destination directories.

Uhmmm....
I could try with a symbolic link:

Code:
ln -s /mnt/sdb2/winbuild /home/joe/winbuild
ln -s /mnt/sdb2/destination /home/joe/destination

where /mnt/sdb2 is mount point of external hd partition.
and "winbuild" directory contains I386 directory of windows cd...
finally "destination" directory is the output dir obtained after slipstreaming, from this one I'll make an winxp.iso.

Hope I'm clearly explain..
What do you think about?
Could symbolic link "strategy" substitute a real directory really located on the local hard drive?