[Wine] Missing symbolic links libFoo.so

Quix0r wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 2 12:13:19 CDT 2010

If the mentioned symbolic links (which are required for Wine compilation) you might want to add them manually to your file system (and re-run ldconfig). This can take a while if you have a lot libraries installed (on my system it was the /usr/lib32/ directory).

To ease this I used this little script to setup all links:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

LIST=`find -name "lib*.so.?"`

for entry in ${LIST}; do
        TARGET=`echo ${entry} | cut -d "." -f 1-3`
        ln -s "${entry}" "${TARGET}"
done

Remember: This script may setup your computer on fire or eat your children. But it may also work flawless, so use it on your own risk. :)

All the best,
Roland