[Wine] ms office 2007 beep sound

Bala subramanian bala.biophysics at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 03:35:45 CDT 2010

Friends,
Sorry for the delayed reply. I have solved the problem of system beep sound
after a bit of googling on this issue. I hope this would be useful to others
facing similar problem with system beep sound.

I opened the following file as root

/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

and added the following line.

blacklist pcspkr