[Wine] command 'wine regsvr32 comctl32.ocx' returned status 1. ???

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 5 09:06:50 CDT 2010

guypld <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Oct 5, 2010 1:29 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine] Re: command 'wine regsvr32 comctl32.ocx' returned status 1.	???
>
>what do you mean about using wine 32 ?

EXACTLY WHAT I STATED.  Install the 32 bit version of Wine, not the 64 bit.

>I'm on a 64 system, I installed 64 bit wine, but if I run "wine" its suppose to be 32 bit system because I have also
>the "wine64" command.

No, if you install a 64 bit wine, then you will be running a 64 bit wine, not a 32 bit wine.

>I ran both IE installation (32&64), get err msg like:
>
>"Internet Explorer 7 is not supported on this operation system"
>and
>"This installation does not support your system architecture(32/64bits)"

Like I said, and I really don't like repeating myself, de-install the 64 bit wine and install the 32 bit wine.  IE7 will NOT install on 64 bit Wine, not yet.

James McKenzie