[Wine] FIREWALL, Troopmaster FTP problem on Mac using Wine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 5 09:12:20 CDT 2010

cdhulf <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Oct 4, 2010 9:24 PM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  FIREWALL, Troopmaster FTP problem on Mac using Wine
>
>On Mac using Wine trying to download database from FTP site for Troopmaster (Windows application) Application opens, I
>have upgraded program. I have fixed internet provider opening Port for use through modem. I believe I might need to add
>program to a list for firewall. On the Mac side, I can't see application (TroopMaster.EXE) to add to Firewall in Security.
>On the wine side I don't know where the list would even exist. Can someone point me in the right direction OR possibly ran
>into this issue before. Thank you. Cindy J-H[/img]

This is not really a Wine question and Apple does have support fora for how to configure the firewall.  However, I will state the Firewall on your Mac will not block outgoing FTP sessions on the 'normal' ports.  So, let's assume that something is broken with your Wine setup and you need to check the Internet connectivity from Wine:

wine Iexplore

In the address bar put http://www.winehq.org

This should bring up the Wine HQ 'home' page.

Advise if this works.

James McKenzie