[Wine] AntiAlias problems

rawfox wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 5 13:45:52 CDT 2010

Hello there,

i have problems, getting AntiAlias to run with games under Wine on Linux.
Im using a 64bit AMD system with a Nvidia 9800GT and Fedora13_64.

I tried Anarchy Online, Fallen Earth and Lord of the Rings and when the AA is in effect, the screen becomes black, the game is running normal.

The registry has the needed multisync entry switched to enabled.

I am not even sure if it is a wine problem or a Nvidia driver problem, im using the Fedora supported kernel with the community supported Livna kernel modules for the Nvidia driver, so it should be a recent version, the same with wine, im using the 32bit wine packages.

Beside of a obvoiusly bugged AntiAlias, i have no problems with games under wine.

It also makes no difference, if i force AA with the Nvidia Control Panel, or let the software settings manage AA, but as soon as there is AntiAlias in effect, all affected grafix turn black.

It might be a bug as i read about this on serveral threads within the internet.

Can someone help or report, what can be done ?