[Wine] Re: Install directory

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 6 06:02:21 CDT 2010

ze3rax wrote:
> Thank you dimesio but I've tried this before and got the export but when I navigate to "Applications-->Wine-->Browse C: drive" it still opens the one localed it /home/username/.wine , that's why I'm worried if Wine starts an install not to install it by default in /home/~/.wine because the partition is only 16 GiB big when /media/Software/Wine/ is 100 GiB

That's because the menu items installed by your distro (not plain Wine, btw) point to the default wineprefix.

If you are never going to use ~/.wine, just edit the menu item to point to the wineprefix you are using. If you still want to use ~/.wine for some things, create your own menu item for the second wineprefix.