[Wine] Re: Trouble installing packages with Winetricks

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 6 06:16:06 CDT 2010

F_style wrote:
> Well, yes, I always tried in a clean wineprefix without any Winetricks installed. I'm not installing them since I understood that's not where to attack the problem from. Also using Wine 1.3.4, and I don't get any terminal messages after typing "wine DBabble.exe" (don't remember the exact name of the app exe, but I think the idea is the same), just the symptoms I mentioned before. And while the admins of the server I connect don't upgrade their DBabble version, I'm stuck with 2.2h.

Try running it with WINEDEBUG=+loaddll and post the output. That will tell us what dlls it's trying to use.

The other thing that occurs to me is: what version of Wine were you using when you ran this in WineDoors, and have you tried using that version in plain Wine? It's possible that the problem is a regression in Wine, not missing overrides.

Also, what distro are you now using?