[Wine] Mounting Netware Share - Rights Issues with Wine Programs

ostrowlaw wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 6 11:36:29 CDT 2010

Hi,

I followed the excellent article " Mount a Netware Shore on Ubuntu 10.04 - Lucid Lynx at http://tombott.com/mount_novell_netw...n_ubuntu_10.04, and mounted my Netware 5.1 volumes wonderfully.  I can read the Netware volumes.  However, I cannot write to the volumes.

I have MS Word running in Wine, as well as MS Visual Foxpro 6.0 which have data and application files on the server. When I try to write to the files on the server, I get an error message that the files are read only.  Incidentally,  I can read and write to the server using OpenOffice! So, it appears to be a problem using Wine accessing Netware.

I am the admin on the server with full r/w rights. What do I need to do here?

I would, ultimately, like to move all my workstations over to Linux, but this is a problem.

Thanks for your help. :D