[Wine] Re: Confused

hotai wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 6 20:28:16 CDT 2010

There are two ways that I use it (I am a super limited user... I am pretty new to this stuff too.)

The easiest (and not updated the quickest) way is to use this distributable package that is maintained by Mike Kroenberg. It's just a dmg file that runs as an app.

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

The other way is to install it using a port database and I used this website here to do it on my MBPro.

http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

It requires installing extra stuff that doesn't come with the pre-installed OSX.

If you want to run basic .exe and not get too deep I'd suggest the first, it's run a lot of standalone .exe's for me really easily, and installed plenty of other things fine. (Ultima Online, some light 'doze only programs)

The other allows for better optimization and workability with programs, but requires more user knowledge (which I'm trying to obtain myself.)