[Wine] Networking not working for Windows game

travlemon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 6 21:01:36 CDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I'm running an old game called SODA Off-Road Racing in Wine.  Everything runs perfectly in the game, except networking.   I added test results for it to the AppDB.

Does anyone know of anything I can try to get networking working properly in the game?  So far I've tried a suggestion from the Wine FAQ to change /etc/hosts to show my IP instead of a loopback address.  I've also tried running it in every Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista, and 7 modes, with no luck.

Just curious if there's any sort of work around, it'd be cool to get this one working with networking.

Thanks in advance!