[Wine] Re: Office 2007 is a half ass work'n

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 6 22:36:53 CDT 2010

When I did the CIS 145 equal here I did it on mysql and orcale with related frontends.  Never was required touch access.

Mostly because in my first week with access 2003 I had effectively ruined it completely.  To where it was making 2 + 2 equal 4000 and other effectively stupid things.   No it was not that I had done anything that wrong.  Ok I had typed formulas in then gone back and changed them so leading to stuffed access mdb files that are still stuffed with Access 2007 and Access 2010.  Same process can still stuff up Access 2007 and 2010 results.   So I don't class Access as a quality program for businesses to trust when the forumular displayed and the forumalar processed can be completely different and the only way to detect is your numbers are out.

Need and want are two different things.   Nothing in CIS 145 course description says access has to be used.  Its to teach the basic ideas of database work and using integrated.

I have also taught the equal course without using access in the course.

Sorry mrchaos101.  Access not need its a want.  Learn to tell the difference.  Need is that the course must be taught by it by it description and there is nothing else.  You are the teacher of the course it is possible for the teacher of the course to change wants and still meet the needs of teaching the course.

CIS 145 course leading to web development I would not be surprised if they skip access and move onto databases that work.

By that error message what version wine are you running.  You will notice test results in wine appdb are wine version dependent.  I guess you are not running the same version wine as tested.   "wine  --version" will tell you version.   Also be aware excel has its own appdb page with instructions just for it.  Same with each program in MS Office.  The main MS Office entry is only covers the installer not the programs that are installed.

mrchaos101 edit button is removed because what ever we type here goes straight out on a mailing list.   There is no way to delete or alter a message once its email sent so this form cannot have edit.  Please use Preview in future.  I should put in a request for the direct Submit button to be removed.