[Wine] Mac, SSL does not work

sfatula wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 7 09:27:31 CDT 2010

So, I first started off using Macports to install the stable Wine, which means version 1.2 on Macports. The install "worked", and, I could run iexplore to get to the wine home page. However, when I went to run a program I have from a vendor of ours, it failed. Program downloads files from their site using SSL and they won't give me access directly.

The errors is:

err:wininet:NETCON_init failed to load symbol X509_STORE_CTX_get_ex_data
HttpOpenRequest Error 12157 ERROR_INTERNET_SECURITY_CHANNEL_ERROR

So, I figured maybe it was a macports thing, so I tried the devel version. That failed for the same reason.

So, I thought let's try this using the built in iexplore. Sure enough, changing to any SSL page provides the same error message, which tells me it isn't something in the specific program I was trying to run.

So, I tried the osxwinebuilder, same result.

So, I tried the build directly from source (1.3.4) and it also failed for the same reason.

So, I have to conclude it is not the compile method as they all yield the same results. It must be something specific to Mac Snow Leopard perhaps?

Any thoughts on how I might get this to work?