[Wine] Re: Office 2007 is a half ass work'n

mrchaos101 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 7 12:30:28 CDT 2010

Ok that seems to be what was causing the issue.

1.) I thought 10.x was the soon to be but it is 10.10  so my ver is the safe one to use according to you.
2.) I totally removed WINE and did the install of the 1.3.4 version (I could not find the 1.3.3 that the AppDB said to use.  I was using the 1.2 stable.

I did the clean install with out doing any config tweaking and all apps appear to be working just fine.  Not sure if VBA will take a crap or not but...that is not as important as basic access and basic excel working.

You said the  1.3.4 has a work around for 10.10.... on the 10th when the release goes out do you think it will be safe for me to upgrade? Or perhaps I should wait a while?

For me to use Ubuntu I needed Office to work. I also need Photo shop to work. I want World of Warcraft to work.

I got office going and I got warcraft going....so i will play with photoshop and hope for the best.