[Wine] Gameplay asks for the second CD

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Fri Oct 8 11:54:11 CDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 11:37 -0500, Zwartij wrote:
> To change resolution is not an option because it frustrates my other activities.
> Re-adjusting back and forth each time I start the game is not an option.

Why?

Is this because you are running other things while you play the game? If
so, I agree that its not a good plot.

However, if you don't do anything else while the game is running, there
is a solution: write a small wrapper script and alter the menu/icon to
run that rather than the bare 'wine' command. Here's all you'd need in
the script (4 lines):

#!/bin/bash
xrandr set_games_resolution-to-960x720
wine launch-the-game-as-normal