[Wine] Performing a Regression Test

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 8 14:05:18 CDT 2010

abb4 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Hi, I try to do a regression test for the first time.
>I got in some kind of a loop,  it looks like the bad commit isn't removed
>I'm stuck
>
>Here's how I went
>I found 1 bad commit
>
>7cb044d3d8aaf1cee629c259f19177732bed37af is the first bad commit

This is the KEY.  There may be MORE THAN ONE BAD COMMIT.

>As said, this MAY NOT be the actual bad commit.
>So I did a make clean & git reset --hard,

If you want to reset to the original starting point, you have to specify it.  git reset --hard will not do this at this point.

>After ./configure && make deps && make
>I test the program again, it doesn't run
>so I do again a "git bisect bad"
>and it returns to the same bad commit!

Run git bisect skip to see if there are any other 'bad' commits.

>How do I remove this commit?
>a ~/wine-git$ git show 7cb044d3d8aaf1cee629c259f19177732bed37af | patch -p1 -R did not remove it?

This does remove the first bad commit but there may be more.

James McKenzie