[Wine] Weird sounds while playing WoW.

aydos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 9 14:51:15 CDT 2010

Hello All,

I am using a USB Creative Fata1ity Headset and a HDMI monitor for audio. When I have the headset plugged in the audio goes there when I unplug it it goes to the monitor. That is all fine.

However, while playing WoW in WINE after a while the sound will go to this weir pinging/static/underwater/submarine sonar noise for the game and my Manger(VOIP Client) If I go to system > preferences > sound and turn the sound off and back on it works.

I saw another post by someone having WoW sound problems and it was suggested that they set WINE audio to OSS instead of ALSA and try that.